Monday, June 6, 2011

Ponder This...Frozen in Time

For those of you who read my blog post, "Not-so-instant Gratification", you know that I've been hankering to dig out my old school "film" camera. Well, I did it! I saved the first roll for last weekend, and took some shots of my hubby, my kiddo, and some of my friends during the Blog-a-thon. It was a lot of fun! That camera had not been turned on in over 7 years. The zoom was even a little "sticky" from sitting closed for so long! The first thing anyone did after they took a photo with it was look to see how the photo turned out, which of course was not going to happen. You see, whatever happens when you click that shutter is permanent. ALL of the action, the good, the bad, and the occasional closed eye shot, are going to live on forever...frozen in time.

For all the shots I'm posting, visit: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1748676078363.2087484.1282664827&l=897d0e68ad



1 comment:

  1. I love these pics and especially the fact that they were captured on a point and shoot film camera. I actually just wrapped up an interview with a local photographer who shoots on nothing but film. Nothing digital. It was interesting hearing his reasoning and the results are really good and the film definitely makes a difference.

    And thanks for capturing some of the great moments of the Blogathon! I know we'll have blogs and our memories but those pictures really tell a story especially to those of us who were there :-)

    ReplyDelete